Annual Cub Scout Spring Nature Walk!
When: Saturday, May 6th, 2023 Registration starts at 10:00AM; the event starts at 11:00AM. The event will conclude at 5:00PM, with an optional hike to Buck Run immediately following.
What are we doing? The Spring Nature Walk consists of outdoor, campwide fun for all ages of Cub Scouts. This includes interactive educational presentations, scouting activities and fun field games!
Where: Camp Conestoga (Camp Conestoga, 639 Buck Run, Somerset, PA 15501)
- Bloodhound Demonstration by the Westmoreland Bloodhound team
- Composting Presentation by Westmoreland Cleanways
- Water Safety Game by Army Corps of Engineers
- “Tracks and Scat” activity by Laurel Hill State Park
- 6-pack cutting activity and 9-squre
- RC Airplanes by Laurel Highlands Model Airplane Club
- BB Gun Range
- and an ambulance demonstration
Cost: $5.00 for Scouts, Parents and Friends (This is a change from last year)
Registration: Registration deadline has passed! Please Contact Ben Hollerman at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would still like to sign up.
Volunteers: If you would like to help with the 2023 Spring Nature Walk you can fill out this form!
Pack leaders: Share this information with your packs using this flyer!
Wagion Lodge #6 is proud to reach out to Cub Scouts in the Westmoreland-Fayette Council! We are here to provide support to our packs in a number of different ways:
- Our Conservation Committee hosts the Council’s annual Spring Nature Walk. The Nature Walk is a great way to help Cub Scouts work on outdoor advancement requirements and also introduces Scouts to beautiful Camp Conestoga! The Spring Nature Walk consists of outdoor, camp-wide fun for all ages of Cub Scouts. This includes interactive educational presentations, scouting activities, and fun field games! This year’s Nature Walk will include demonstrations from Westmoreland Bloodhound team, Westmoreland Cleanways, a local RC airplane club, an Animal Skins collector and activities including a BB gun range, a water safety demonstration by the Army Corps of Engineers and more!
- For more information regarding the Spring Nature Walk contact:
Ben Hollerman – Wagion Lodge #6 Conservation / Cub Activities Chairman email@example.com
From Tigers to Webelos, Wagion Lodge #6 stands firmly behind our Council Cub program and wants to help make your pack a success!